Note: This one is getting long…please scroll down to the bottom of this post to see more recent activity.
Or I should say from the get go, let’s chat about #pizzagate. I’m not one to dabble in politics or current geopolitical matters as many others do, as I think most of it is staged to some extent in order to distract the masses. However, with that being said, I’d like to throw out a time line/chronology that I’ve noticed over the past year or two. To begin this analysis, I want to say explicitly that I have no idea what the truth is on this issue. All I can share are my personal observations over the past few months regarding the current issue in respect to the material that has been published by news outlets and independent investigators. With that disclaimer in place, let’s take a look (FYI, as many other sites who have documented this story state : photos below suggest disturbing images not acceptable to normal, rational, intelligent, and Profane human beings).
Diners and Divers: A Food Network Premiere
On June 28, 2010, Washington DC area family pizza restaurant Comet Ping Pong gets a plug on the television program Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Featuring a pop culture celebrity chef/actor, the episode highlights farm to table restaurants from around the country. Comet Ping Pong, the restaurant owned by DC proprietor James Alefantis, gets a solid advertisement and puts the small pizza restaurant on the map (source A1). Not bad for a family-focused pizza restaurant start up in the course of 4 years span.
Per the Food Network’s website, this episode is set to appear in rerun format on December 19, 2016.
The Trump, Slick Willy, and the Epstein : All Aboard the Lolita Express!
There isn’t a a whole lot to say here that others have not. At the end of the story, the summary is that :
- Convicted sex offender/billionaire Jeffrey Epstein ran a private jet to a private island
- The Boeing 727 was nicknamed the Lolita Express
- Epstein’s island was referred to Orgy Island, or Sex Slave Island
- Names attached to Mr. Epstein included a who’s who’s of the Deep State
- William Jefferson Clinton
- Donald Trump
- Kevin Spacey / Frank Underwood
- Too many others to name
Regardless, Epstein’s hijinks received world press attention in early January 2015 when an alleged former underage female “slave” made claims regarding her treatment within the Epstein complex. Extending the underage schema further, one discovers key players of the 2016 US Presidential Election allegedly involved in all of this.
Surprisingly, the news item appeared to die down fairly quickly, and neither candidates nor “legitimate” press outlets made mention of the Epstein ties during the 2016 election.
Frodo Baggins Casts a Spell
Earlier in the year, I noticed a few alt-material podcasts briefly hint on actor Elijah Woods’s 05-22-2016 interview with London’s The Times. In the aftermath of 2016’s Cannes Film Festival and jokes presented that hinted at Woody Allen/Roman Polanski’s questionable child rape histories, Woods stated the following in his interview with the London paper:
- “Clearly something major was going on in Hollywood. It was all organized. There are a lot of vipers in this industry, people who only have their own interests in mind”
- “There is darkness in the underbelly.”
- “What bums me about these situations is that the victims can’t speak as loudly as the people in power.”
- “That’s the tragedy of attempting to reveal what is happening to innocent people: they can be squashed, but their lives have been irreparably damaged.” (source a)
Take it for it’s worth, but I clearly remember this one being discussed by researchers at the time. The gist of the article states that the “sexual abuse of child stars is more widespread in Hollywood than had been reported.”
The New York Times Saves the Day (pt 1)
Within less than 48 hours, the New York Times newspaper stepped in to clarify Wood’s interview. Comments from Woods now included:
- “Let me be clear: This subject of child abuse is an important one that should be discussed and properly investigated”
- “But as I made absolutely clear to the writer, I have no firsthand experience or observation of the topic, so I cannot speak with any authority beyond articles I have read and films I have seen”
- He said he had based his comments on a documentary he had seen, “An Open Secret,” in which young men described sexual assault by older men in Hollywood.
At this point, we have a successful Wilford star stating that a) pedophilia in Hollywood is problematic, but then b) only based on a documentary he watched (source B). Fair enough, Frodo. Your spell has been cast. Let’s move on.
Pizza Hut Goes 6.99 USD
We now move to the commercial that many in this field of research have speculated on. I won’t repeat what others have stated, but the gist of the commercial’s content includes the archetypal paranoid conspiracy theorist who thinks:
- The Moon landings were fake
- The Moon is fake
- The woman in the commercial is a hologram
Say what you will, but that is a lot of unique marketing regarding a high carb-GMO pizza available for mass consumption for the price of $6.99 USD. Throw in the weird triangle (below), and it is no wonder researchers have speculated much on this television ad.
This advert appears to have been released on October 2, 2016 and ran heavily during NFL Week Four. For future reference, we now have a “funny/crazed/paranoid conspiracy theorist” attached to the meme of “pizza.”
Wikileaks Goes Podesta
Beginning on October 7, 2016, WikiLeaks publishes the first of a number of John Podesta hacked emails. The premise of the breach of information is :
- “The new email thread released Friday shows Podesta got a March 19 email from “Google” notifying him someone had his “password” and tried to sign in from Ukraine.”
- “The IT team told Podesta the message was legit and he should change his password. But it appears the email actually was a phishing ploy – and likely gave the world access to the contents of his account (source C).”
At this point in time, a very large group of individuals begins to sort, categorize, and analyze the personal emails of John Podesta. For those unaware, Mr. Podesta resume includes:
- President William Jefferson Clinton’s White House Staff Secretary
- Clinton’s Chief of Staff
- President Barack Obama’s Counselor to
- Campaign Chairperson to Hillary Clinton
A proverbial symbol of the system, Mr. Podesta not only got his J.D. from Georgetown University, apparently carries an interest in Egyptian mythology (see above), but also is not able to discern whether or not an email in his inbox is potentially “problematic.” Hey dude, I know many others who have made the mistake. It’s easy to do. We now move on to…
WikiLeaks Gets Halted
On Saturday, October 15 2016, the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, asylum for WikiLeaks front man Julian Assange, cuts of Assange’s internet access. Speculation exists that Secretary of State John Kerry forced pressure on the government of Ecuador to cease and desist the internet connectivity of Assange. More speculation is made referring to the notion that WikiLeak’s leaked Hillary Clinton’s Goldman Sachs speeches are the reason for the internet breakage.
The US State Department immediately declares that any suggestion of Kerry involvement is absolutely untrue and unfounded (source D).
#Pizzagate Gets Legs
We now get to the crux of the inquiry: #pizzagate. From my research, the Web became aware of this possible problem courtesy of 4chan and subreddit thread on or near November 7, 2017. The hypothesis is as such:
- The Podesta emails were hacked by a Wikileaks attached outfit
- The Podesta emails initially brought forth association of Podesta and his brother Tony to occult artist Abramovich and “Spirit Cooking”
- The Podesta emails include mention of words such as “hot dogs,” “pizza,” and “pasta” in out of context emails
- Further researchers have pointed out these words to be encoded words referring to pedophilia
- The Podesta emails include correspondence to one James Alefantis, owner/proprietor of a DC owned family pizzeria known as Comet Ping Pong
- Alefantis was once featured in a 2012 QC article as the 49th most influential mover/shaker in Washington DC
- Alefantis has connections to the Obama White House (White House logs indicate visits), the Podestas, the Clintons, and other prominent elitists
- The connection to Alefantis, his Comet Ping Pong restaurant, and most interestingly, his once publicly available Instagram account under the surname of jimmycomet, led researchers to document and archive the following images:
A sick sense of humor or something more? Probably all just a coincidence.
A Question Formulated
At the very least, I personally find the following email exchange curious. The conversation appears to be between Susan Sandler and John Podesta (see WikiLeaks email dated 09-03-2014). Sandler emails Podesta to state that a black and white handkerchief had been found on a rental home’s kitchen island. The dialogue states :
Sandler : “The realtor found a handkerchief (I think it has a map that seems pizza-related. Is it yours (sp)? They can send it if you want. I know you’re busy, so feel free to respond if it’s not yours or you don’t want it.”
Podesta : It’s mine, but not worth worrying about.
Question #1: John Podesta/Susan Sandler…what the hell is a handkerchief with a pizza related map?
Norway Crackdown on the Dark Room
Published on November 20, 2016, an article written for European news outlet Deutsche Welle details a Norway pedophilia network sting operation. The operation, known as Dark Room, began in 2015 and utilized an investigation of the dark web. Norway police seized 150 terabytes of material depicting many forms of child abuse, and thus led to the arrest of 20 persons of interest. Many of those involved were “highly educated and included lawyers and politicians.”
Deputy Police Chief Gunnar Floystad stated that 20 men had been arrested in Western Norway, and that there were another 31 individuals. Interestingly enough, it is mentioned that the NYT removed a brief but factual story regarding the Norway pedophile ring arrests. It is also documented that both the Washington Post and ABC News both deleted the AP story as well.
Of additional note, we read of NYT CEO and president Mark Thompson, and his alleged connection to scrapping a BBC expose regarding sexual assault and pedophilia claims against Jimmy Savile in the Inquisitr article below. As we’ll soon see, the NYT may have removed the Norway arrest story, but they have plenty to offer in the way of #PizzaGate.
The New York Times Saves the Day Pt 2
On November 21, 2016, NYT Tech M&A reporter is cited as having disproved #pizzagate as having been a product of #fakenews. Titled, “Fake News Onslaught Targets Pizzeria as Nest of Child-Trafficking,” the article states from the get go, online commentators had made threats to Alefantis and his 40 some odd employees regarding the allegation that:
“Comet Ping Pong was the home base of a child abuse ring led by Hillary Clinton and her campaign chief, John D. Podesta”
None of it is true, per the NYT’s investigation. Surprisingly, this article does mention that the jimmycomet instagram photos above have been “most troubling.” The article does goes on to discuss the impact of fake news and the problems of social media sites. To finish up the article, the NYT states that Alefantis, in effort to combat the fake news tide, had lodged complaints to the FBI, local police, YouTube, Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter.
Curiously, the answer to Question #1 does not come up in the NYT debunking.
Bloomberg Has An Opinion
On November 23, 2016, a Bloomberg op-ed states that #pizzagate is a “Fake Conspiracy of Our Fevered Age.” Essentially, this piece states that John Podesta “is one of the few people whose life could be laid bare and yet reveal little more than a taste of good Italian food.” Fortunately for me, my question regarding pizza map – handkerchief does come up in this one. However, the answer from the Washington insider’s op-ed column is glanced over with a “whatever that means.”
It is also interesting that this unique article points out that protestors, staged in front of the restaurant, were allowed access to the restaurant to look for child molestation areas. Of course, from what I can gather, pizzagate is really focusing on a much larger, grander scale network of child trafficking issues, but we see the author focus on the single restaurant as being the sole possibly area of the network.
This piece, authored by a White House insider, essentially states that this “little hole in the wall restaurant” (featured on the Food Network, by the way) is the obsession of the alt right / white euphemists / nationalists / sympathizers. It’s a similar meme seen and thought to be behind Pepe and Kek chaos magick enthusiasts and research.
Also of interest, Alefantis’s previously publicly available Instagram account is mentioned, but the content of said Instagram photos is not. Neither is Spirit Cooking.
Reddit Gets Involved
Also on 11-23-2016, Reddit owner/CEO decides to shut down one of the original web threads regarding the construct of #pizzagate. Per the Washington Post’s write up of Reddit’s decision, we see terms like “witch hunt,” “death threats,” and “wildly untrue accusations.” This time through, we see this interesting quotes :
“As the Washington City Paper noted, that included a huge search for stronger ties between convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and the Clintons. What those sleuths found instead were lots of references to pizza, which then led to speculation that the emails about pizza must be code for something bad.”
No mention is made to the use of references such as pizza, pasta, etc. as a code to child abuse or child trafficking scheme. We do see mention, however, of the NYT debunking of the scandal courtesy of the previously mentioned technology merger and acquisition reporter’s NYT article (see above).
Again, we also see no mention of Alefantis’s previously publicly available Instagram account or content, nor any resolution to Question #1.
The Washington Post Has an Opinion Too
Up next, on November 25, 2016 the editorial board of the prestigious Washington Post chimes in regarding the current fake news hoax. With the title “Pizzagate Shows How Fake News Hurts Real People,” the op-ed hints on similar buzzwords. We see similar themes of:
- A conspiracy that took hold in the “dark crevices of the web”
- “Fake and unfounded” news sources creating the false allegations
- Culprits spreading the false news including YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook
- And of course the comment:
- “As far as anyone knows, there is no more logic than that as to why Mr. Alefantis and his restaurant became targets”
Interestingly, this op-ed too doesn’t mention anything regarding the bizarre photos of jimmycomet or the oft/out of place usage of food words in Podesta’s hacked emails. The conspiracy theory of course is absurd, but comet’s instagram absurd photos are not.
Sadly, no opinion is given regarding the explanation of a handkerchief with a pizza-related map.
Not to be Left Behind, NPR Has an Opinion As Well
On November 27, 2016, beloved NPR gets involved with a “hard hitting” interview with Comet Ping Pong’s entrepreneur. An interesting number is thrown out straight away in the following exchange:
NPR : I know that you’ve had a couple of bad weeks here.
jimmycomet: It’s been a hard 14 days or so.
The interview moves on to…
NPR : The story was that Hillary Clinton and her campaign manager, John Podesta, were running a child molestation ring out of the back of your restaurant. Is that correct, more or less?
jimmycomet: Essentially, yes. There was – it was sort of based in a couple of things. Satanic rituals and human trafficking led by Hillary Clinton and John Podesta was the sort of basis of this insane story.
NPR : It seems remarkable to me that anybody took that seriously at all. They look and sound completely and not very skillfully made-up.
jimmycomet : So essentially, they would go into our social media accounts and they would take photographs that were on my Instagram of my friends’ children or of my associates’ children and post them around thousands and thousands of fake news sites and on Reddit and on YouTube and use these images of happily playing, innocent children as proof of some kind of human trafficking scheme led by the Clintons.
Short and sweet, the NPR wishes the best for the future of Comet Ping Pong near the end of the interview.
Andrew Breitbart’s Tweet from the Underworld
“How prog-guru John Podesta isn’t household name as world class underage sex slave op cover-upperer defending unspeakable dregs escapes me,” tweeted AndrewBreibart on February 4, 2011. The alt right conservative blogger/talking head Andrew Breibart, who died March 1, 2012 at the age of 43, tweeted this comment due to an apparent long time feud with John Podesta.
The Washington Times article mentions former Huffington Post author/YouTube personality David Seaman is quoted as saying “one of America’s best an most respected independent journalists at the time; he is making a very bold claim about John Podesta — back then — based on his own research.This is years before WikiLeaks came out.” Interestingly enough, despite the Times mentioning the NYT and WaPo pieces discrediting #Pizzagate, the article does at least mention jimmycomet’s Instagram account featuring “sexual innuendo and bizarre images of children.”
Inquisitr followed up the next day with an article explaining away the Breitbart tweet. As “fact checking” would have it, the tweet was a result of Breitbart’s allegation that Planned Parenthood was covering up a child sex trafficking ring. Breitbart’s organization also reported on a potential ACORN sponsored pimp/prostitute ring. Both reports are considered controversial, to say the least. Due to John Podesta’s (who at the time was Obama’s Chief of Staff) defense of both Planned Parenthood and ACORN at that time, it is speculated that Breitbart retaliated against his arch nemesis through Twitter rants.
The Washington Post’s Problem with Alex Jones
On November 29, 2016, the Washington Post again presents an opinion on #pizzagate. Ever so subtly, the op-ed piece manages to tie the “grassy knoll crowd” to #pizzagate. The article mentions, among other things, that Alex Jones and his Infowars program are advising current president elect Donald Trump on certain matters of national interest. The opinion piece, titled “Trump’s ‘news’ source: Alien lizards, fluoride mind control and voter fraud,” refers to “loads of hooey” that include:
- False flag events such as 9-11, Sandy Hook, and Oklahoma City
- Justin Bieber as a military-industrial agent
- Fluoride use in water for detrimental purposes
- Shape shifting reptilians aliens who are targeting Donald Trump
- And of course…Pizzagate
Pizzagate is now defined as consisting of “high level Washington D.C. predatory pedophiles…communicating via symbols on the menu of Comet Ping Pong.” Sadly, no mention is given to jimmycomet’s Instagram account, odd pizza/pasta/dominos comments in the hacked Podesta emails, nor is any solution presented to define “what is a handkerchief with a pizza related map.” The Washington Post has now confined pizzagate to symbols used on Comet Ping Pong’s menu referring to child sexual abuse.
Interestingly, of all the articles published to date, this one appears to have been the one chosen to be circulated in second and third tier newspapers around the country in an effort to explain away the crazies that believe in pizzagate.
Pizzagate Explained From Across the Pond Part I
“Hillary, pizza and phony sex scandal: the power of ‘fake news'” reads the November 30, 2016 head line from the UK’s Daily Mail. Per the article, we see #pizzagate called out as “weaponized social media.” This time, pizzagate is the result of right-leaning conspiracy theorists on 4chan and Reddit mistaking innocent messages between James Alefantis and John Podesta regarding a Clinton fundraiser. This go around, we see the 49th most influential man of Washington DC and his restaurant focused on, with statements that include :
- Comet is “friendly and stylish”
- Comet is “a place that bridges”
- Comet is a place that is “an adult hang out but the irony of it is that it has also been this safe place for our teenagers”
Perhaps these attributes of Comet and the quality of his pizza have made Mr. Alefantis the 49th most influential man in DC?
It is interesting that this is the first “legitimate” media story that references James Alefantis to the alleged French meaning of “I love children.” We have yet to see that referenced in any “legitimate” story coverage in the US at this time.
We leave this article with a new construct: weaponized social media. jimmycomet’s quote is used to terminate the article, and states “it has to be recognized within the broader society that social media can be weaponized…you can be easily taken down or destroyed by this sort of attack.”
Sadly, no mention is given to out of place food items used in Podesta emails or to jimmy’s Instagram photograph collection. And much to my chagrin, no explanation is given as to what a “handkerchief with a pizza related map is.”
Pizzagate Explained From Across the Pond Part II
Or, “The Saga of Pizzagate: The Fake Story That Shows How Conspiracy Theories Spread.” Published on the BBC site’s on December 2, 2016, the BBC Trending article starts with a few facts:
- In early November, when WikiLeaks began to publish the hacked Podesta emails, one contact with Podesta “caught the attention of prankster sites and people on the paranoid edge.”
- The contact was one James Alefantis, aka jimmycomet, Clinton supporter, Obama supporter, and former partner to David Brock
- From these “thin threads, an enormous trove of conspiracy was spun”
It is interesting to note at this point that no mention is given to the out of place words/phrases of “Spirit Cooking,” “pizza, pasta, hot dogs, etc.” or “playing dominos on cheese or pasta” per the Podesta emails. I would guess such out of place words really need no focus or explanation on the BBC’s investigative end. Also of note, no jimmycomet Instagram photographs were included in the article aside from a photograph of a pizza.
The BBC Trending article moves on to point out the involvement of pro-Turkish government forces in promoting the potential conspiracy of pizzagate. More or less, pizzagate was spread by Erdogan supporters to point out the hypocrisy of US elected officials and government employees subsequent to a “real child abuse scandal” discovered at a Turkish government agency.
The article finishes up by again stating that the NYT and Fox News have debunked #pizzagate, as “no victim has come forward…there’s no investigation..and physical evidence? That doesn’t exist either.” Of course, the BBC has not answered the question regarding “the handkerchief with a pizza related map” inquiry, but perhaps that question is only relevant to people with a paranoid edge.
The BBC quotes a few anonymous 4chan user comments lamenting the supposed conspiracy in the final paragraphs. The quote “are you guys even aware of how stupid all of this is” finishes the article off.
The Ping Pong Gunman
On December 4, 2016, a 28 year old man entered Comet Ping Pong with an AR-15 assault rifle in order to personally investigate the claims of #pizzagate. The man, Edgar M. Welch, allegedly fired the rifle once inside the restaurant. No one was hurt and DC police took the man in custody.
The above mentioned “legitimate” news outlets immediately published summaries of yesterday: The BBC, the NYT, and the Washington Post. Each one again summarized the dangers and perils of “fake news” (weaponized social media, anyone?), and how social media attacks are now escalating into physical, dangerous violence. jimmycomet was again quoted in the article, hoping that “those involved in fanning these flames will take a moment to contemplate what happened here today and stop promoting these falsehoods right away.”
Another interesting quote came from a neighbor business owner Sabrina Ousmaal, who hinted in an email to the NYT that both the F.B.I. and police have taken a passive role in respect to the threats that Comet and its employees have received over the past month. She stated “nothing has been done. I am appalled and horrified. Do people need to die for something to be done?” A very curious statement. Perhaps it is time for Johnny P. to come clean and explain away some of those emails? Perhaps the time is right, for the sake of public safety, for Podesta to explain away dominos on food and handkerchiefs with pizza related maps with a public statement?
Fortunately, no one was hurt in the incident. I’ve already seen the words “false flag” attached to this incident in some research circles. Regardless, this event and the outcome to Mr. Welch will interesting to watch over the next few weeks.
Edgar Maddison Welch was charged with “assault with a dangerous weapon, possession of a pistol without a license, unlawful possession of ammunition, discharge of a weapon and destruction of property.” Charges were filed on Monday December 5, 2016
Edgar Welch’s IMbd profile:
Internet sleuths were able to document Mr. Welch’s father as being Harry L. Welch. Welch the senior is a bit of a renaissance man, with stints in Reagan’s military industrial complex, the entertainment industry with Forever Young Productions, law enforcement, animal rescue, and an advocate against child abuse, serving at one time as director to Protect-A-Child.
Michael G. Flynn Has Something To Say
Also on December 4, 2016, Michael G. Flynn, son of retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, president elect Trump’s future national security advisor, tweeted out a statement regarding #pizzagate. Flynn tweets “Until #Pizzagate proven to be false, it’ll remain a story. The left seems to forget #PodestaEmails and the many ‘coincidences’ tied to it.”
Both CNN and the Washington Post once again get involved with two more headlines regarding the tweet. They include :
- CNN : “Son of Trump security advisor spread baseless ‘pizza gate’ conspiracy”
- WaPo: “Michael Flynn’s tweet wasn’t actually about #PizzaGate, but his son is now defending the baseless conspiracy theory”
We then see the CNN article go through the same counterarguments against the validity of #pizzagate. They include :
- #pizzagate is a fictitious story
- Conspiracy theorists invention of a make believe code used in the hacked emails of John Podesta
- No evidence has turned up to suggest that any truth to #pizzagate
Surprisingly, CNN cites the”legitimate” news source Buzzfeed and its analysis that cites the origin of #pizzagate predicated on “two unsubstantiated social media posts from individuals claiming, without credibility, to have anonymous sources about a sex trafficking ring linked to the Clintons.” The article goes on to mention that a CNN analysis of the younger Flynn has pegged him as an alt right / racially insensitive conspiracy theorist.
Whether Buzzfeed is legitimate or not, I did go to the Buzzfeed website to see trending articles on their site. The #pizzagate analysis was not featured on their main page, but one article titled “49 Celebs Who Nailed the Whole #TBT Thing in 2016,” was featured near the top of articles as of 12/05/2016. Buzzfeed is right: 2016 is truly a fantastic year for looking back. The 49 celebs who nailed TBT is quite the analysis.
Sadly, neither CNN nor Buzzfeed provided a solution to what a checkered handkerchief with a pizza related map is.
Fox News Gives a Glimpse of an Answer
Also reporting on the 12-04-2016 shooting at Comet, Fox News Politics carried a story on #pizzagate. Titled “How an Internet conspiracy theory led a gunman into a DC pizza parlor,” a “legitimate” news source is finally addressing the handkerchief conundrum. The handkerchief is not, as the article states, evidence of a code word implying personal preference toward S&M and Virginity/Pedo. The answer, briefly, is:
- Pizza is popular dish for anybody
- His staff was very hungry and overworked during the campaign
I guess that sort of explains why he had a checkered handkerchief with a pizza-related map on it in 2014 in Martha’s Vineyards? This pizza related map, the article infers, brought researchers to the Comet Ping Pong connection (aside from the direct correspondence between jimmycomet and Podesta, which the article also mentions later on).
The article definitely hits on more specifics of the alleged conspiracy. The article explains away the following photograph:
The image is apparently subset of a larger “popular memes and pictures of families and friends” perspective of the 49th most powerful person in Washington DC. Again, that might very well be the case, and the photograph is purely innocent humor for Comet’s Instagram audience.
Finally, the New Yorker Has An Opinion
On December 5, 2016, the New Yorker article headlined “The Age of Donald Trump and Pizzagate” gave readers a fresh breakdown on what #pizzagate is. This time through, we see the reporter summarize the “gate” as such:
- The charge of the conspiracy is that Comet Ping Pong is where high-ranking Democrats want to go to get pizza
- Pizza, of course, is “code” for sexually exploitable young girls/boys, or for infants illegally trafficked in from Haiti who then have their organs removed
- And because pizza was mentioned more than once in the WikiLeaks releases by John P., it must be code for some nefarious mischief
- James Alefantis is involved due to his one time romance with David Brock and his emails to Podesta
- Therefore, anti-Clinton folks are once more the root of the root of the conspiracy
This article is interesting in that it brings up the suicide of Vince Foster, and how that incident too was misinterpreted by conspiracy theorists who connected too many imaginary dots.
Thankfully, we now see another bit of exposure to the handkerchief conundrum this time through. The handkerchief with a possible pizza related map is now simply a “map that showed (him) where to find pizza on Martha’s Vineyard.” Still, I’m not quite sure what a handkerchief with a pizza-related map is (but maybe the truth is finally looming?) Also, in hopes for a “two-for-one,” I was actually thinking “dominos on pasta or cheese” was going to be explained as well. Sadly, that did not come to bear.
The reporter also mentions jimmycomet’s Instagram account; apparently, jimmy’s Instagram photos are now being used by #pizzagaters to generate an “actual threat to children.”
The article does point out that in respect to #pizzagate, there is nothing to explain: no missing children, no accusers, no inexplicable phone calls from elites, no baseless firings of journalists questioning the possible pedo ring, etc. Pizza is just pizza, and everybody loves it. John Podesta included.
Also of interest is the New Yorker’s inclusion of the Buzzfeed analysis (not the best celebrity 2016 #TBT analysis, but the pizzagate one). Ultimately, pizzagate is fantasy fiction with a dash of Hillary hatred. As the president-elect’s supporters searched in full force to find any indication of a Clinton sex scandal (aside from the Epstein Lolita Express flight logs), and not finding any record of such a scandal in the hacked Podesta emails, the group settled on pizza as the “smoking gun.” As the article states, “but all they found was pizza, and pizza would have to do.”
Bonus Conspiracy Reference
Aside from mentioning the Foster suicide, we also now have #pizzagate attached to a) Comet Ping Pong being a secret base of aliens plotting to take over the world, and b) Comet Ping Pong being a code name for interstellar travel.
If I were to be analytical person, I would say the Edgar M. Welch incident has given the media plenty to write about in respect to #pizzagate as of 12-05-2016.
CNN Panel Goes “Off the Rails”
CNN extends the outrage against fake news, Donald Trump, Flynn tweets, and #pizzagate on a 12-05-2016 video panel. Headed by Senior Media Correspondent Brian Stelter, the segment starts out quickly by pointing out the lunacy of things like crisis actors and false flag events that have already been tied to the Ping Pong Gunman on 12-05. Stetler does fairly state that people who believe in the #pizzagate conspiracy will not believe the upcoming CNN report; Stetler’s hope is that the vast majority of people who “still live on planet Earth,” however, will listen to reason and deal with the truth.
Aside from Stetler and host Erin Burnett, Conservative Columnist Kayleigh McEnany and Former Kerry and Clinton State Department Spokeswoman Nayyera Haq were also invited to the segment to discuss the “Fake Clinton Sex-Ring Story Led to Restaurant Shooting.” Key points of interest to me included:
- CNN / Haq angle : why is the future National Security Advisor tweeting about a false Clinton sex – scandal ?
- CNN / Haq angle : why is the son of the future National Security Advisor tweeting about false #pizzagate?
- McEnany : Flynn Sr’s tweet actually was in connection to the convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and Slick Willy’s flights with Epstein on the previously mentioned (and factually documented) Lolita Express/Orgy Island (paraphrasing here, of course)
- Haq : then mutters “you see this is the type…”
- Stetler : “Are we really going to do this? Are we really going to go down these fake rabbit holes?”
- Haq : “this connection with that connection…this is exactly how conspiracies start…and why we need to start working with facts“
- Host Erin Burnett : “Should Trump bear some responsibility himself to say ‘enough’…stop with this…these lies are hateful and hurtful”
- McEnany: “Does President Obama have the responsibility to disavow the 9/11 truthers? No, because he doesn’t have to go around and disavow every single conspiracy theory because they are fringe left wing people”
The end of the segment concludes with the implication that Donald Trump is a hate monger/white supremacist with no social conscience. And although I don’t agree with Stetler’s take on the Slick Willy/ Lolita Express connection being some “fake rabbit hole” (I don’t even know what a Senior Media Correspondent is, but I can test the legitimacy of the Clinton/Epstein connection), I do agree that Trump would do well to tweet acknowledgement and concern regarding events like the Oakland fire and the KKK/Seig Heil protests in DC.
Another Opinion Across the Pond
On December 5, 2016, the UK’s Guardian featured an op-ed piece titled “Pizzagate is a lie. But what it says about our society is real.” This op-ed is predicated a new meme regarding #pizzagate. The meme is:
- The countless fake news outlets spreading #pizzagate don’t actually believe in #pizzagate
- Circulators of the story don’t truly believe:
- There is a child trafficking ring being run beneath Comet Ping Pong in DC
Instead, sources promoting #pizzagate see themselves at war with Hilary Clinton and the liberal agenda, and #pizzagate is a “weapon” used in this war. Ultimately, the spread of #pizzagate has nothing to do with the use of out of place use of food words in emails or absurd children poses in Instagram photos, but rather the use of a story that fits an American populace that fits their shared hatred and perspective of the US left.
The story ends with the paragraph:
“When we are right, all we need is the truth to justify our actions. If the truth doesn’t suffice, that’s a good indicator that we are wrong. We should all be investigating that second of satisfaction and justification we feel when we see a headline claiming horrific wrongdoing by those we oppose, because therein lies our undoing. Pizzagate is a lie, but what it says about our society is real. ”
To be fair, I thought this one might get into things like the Jimmy Savile/pedo conspiracy that was allowed to transpire in the UK for many years as a potential basis as to why people might think there are legs to #pizzagate. Better yet, I thought maybe the Guardian might also admit they missed the UK Savile story and are partly to blame for the current mistrust of the media’s sudden, significant opposition of something like #pizzagate. Sadly, no commentary was provided regarding that fact by this opinion piece.
Michael G. Flynn is First Fired, then Resigns
After an evening of Trump transition team bashing on December 6, 2016 on the big networks (ie Jake Tapper, Philip Mudd, etc), the New York Times reports “Trump Fires Adviser’s Son From Transition for Spreading Fake News.” Given Flynn’s previously mentioned 12-04-2016 tweet, and the same day Ping Pong gun man incident involving Edgar Maddison Welch, the NYT states that “President-elect Donald J. Trump fired (Flynn)…for using Twitter to spread a fake news story about Hillary Clinton that led to an armed confrontation in a pizza restaurant in Washington.”
Also published on December 6, 2016, a CBS News article with the headline “Michael Flynn’s son resigns from Trump transition team.” Citing CBS asset Major Garrett, the article demonstrates that Flynn was not fired for using Twitter, but rather that Flynn resigned when he deduced that he was a becoming a distraction of significance for the transition team. Interestingly, the end of this article links a few more conspiracy theories to #pizzagate, which were based on previous Flynn tweets/comments. We see the following added to the continuing database of other conspiracy theories attached to #pizzagate:
- Former President Bill Clinton raped a 13-year old
- Former Republican Presidential candidate and Florida Senator Marco Rubio as being a gay cocaine user
Whether Flynn was fired from the team or resigned from the team is anybody’s guess.
Milo Speaks at the University of Miami
On December 05, 2016, widely controversial Breitbart alt-right speaking head Milo Yiannopoulos spoke to students at Ohio’s Miami University. Curiously, Yiannopulos tweeted the above image prior to the speaking engagement, yet was quoted at the onset of the speech as stating:
“We are going to talk this evening about a few things that are close to my heart,” Milo told his audience. “Although, I have one announcement to make which is that sadly when I announced I was going to be speaking about Pizzagate this evening, I got a number of phone calls with Washington D.C. area codes saying ‘not yet.’”
For what it’s worth, the comment is another note in the ongoing construct of #pizzagate, at the very least.
Deadspin Has An Opinion Too
Sport fan favorite Deadspin also decided to publish an opinion on #pizzagate on December 6, 2016. In response to Auggie Mavericks’ basketball center Andrew Bogut’s recent tweets regarding #pizzagate, Deadspin proclaims “Of Course Andrew Bogut Has Bad Pizzagate Takes.” The article starts out quickly with the quote “A certain subset of the dumbest people alive are riled over an unbelievable specious conspiracy that posits Hilary Clinton and her associates are secretly running a pedophilia and child trafficking ring out of the basement of Comet Ping Pong…” Ouch. Deadspin has angle on this gate…I wonder what it is?
The article is predicated on Andrew Bogut’s November 24, 2016 tweet that stated “If only 1% of the #pizzagate scandal is true, all people deserve life prison (or worse) #sick.” Since that tweet, Bogut continued to tweet that he was becoming more convinced in the reality of the conspiracy, and has since received backlash from legitimate news correspondents who cover professional and collegiate sports. Per Deadspin, Bogut is now joining the ranks of Alex Jones, Michael G. Flynn, and the “terrifying guy that went to Comet Ping Pong this weekend and fired his gun.”
Again, the following image is provided with the quote “makes you think”:
Personally, I would have to agree with Andrew’s initial tweet that if “1% of it is true,” justice is found and served. I would hope that any rational and “normal” human being would agree with that statement too, and would not be chastised for stating such a belief.
I also could be a bit humorous to call out the irony of Deadspin’s first quote by replacing a few words and creating the new statement “a certain subset of the dumbest people alive are riled over an unbelievable specious conspiracy that posits that “”following and reporting on professional and collegiate sports constitutes any social value,”” but I will admit to being a member of this subset, and I won’t pretend to be a hypocrite.
Legitimate news source Deadspin and its piece on Bogut is cited by the USA Today, GQ (who again listed jimmycomet as the 49th most influential DC persona), and even the Sydney Morning Herald. I feel bad for Bogut; not only was he drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks, but he also publicly voiced a negative opinion towards the possibility of a high level acceptance of pedos (see Jimmy Savile, Norway’s Dark Room, Franklin scandal, etc). Somehow Bogut’s tweet of approval of a kangaroo in a headlock is being linked to #pizzagate. A cruel twist of fortune?
Pizzagate Spreads to Brooklyn
This is an interesting one. A new story, titled “Roberta’s Gets Torture Threats After Being Linked to Fake ‘Pizzagate’ Story,” leads the Dec 7 afternoon pizzagate headlines and comes from DNA.info as of 11:12 am Eastern. The DNA.info article was immediately picked up by Time magazine, the NYT, the Huffington Post, and the New York Post. Most of the larger, legitimate news outlets had summaries online within 3-4 hours of the original DNA.info post. The summary of the new crisis in respect to #pizzagate is as follows:
- On December 1, 2016, a Roberta’s employee answered the restaurant’s phone and was told “you are going to bleed and be tortured”
- On December 2, 2016, another caller asked if Roberta’s had any connection to the fake news of Pizzagate
The alleged link of Roberta’s to #pizzagate appears to have come from a YouTube user named Drumstick74, and a subsequent video that user posted online. The video, from what is stated of it on the web, claims the restaurant is tied to #pizzagate by way of a) occult imagery featured in the restaurant’s social media feeds and b) a documented Bill and Hillary dinner at the restaurant during 2012. The video has apparently been pulled from YouTube as of this moment at 4:50 pm CT on 12-07-2016.
It is mentioned in another DNA.info article that, several days prior to the December 1 harassing phone call, internet conspiracy theorists began to spread rumors regarding Roberta’s involvement with the fake-news/debunked story #pizzagate. Of course, the word debunked could be open to interpretation by some.
Also of interest is the inclusion of “shots fired by actor/Ping Pong gun man Welch.” I’ve seen the phrase “single shot” evolve into the phrase “multiple shots” over the past two days. Sadly, it’s only Wednesday.
It will be curious to see how the big networks and senior media correspondents handle this one. Something tells me I’ll have more to write about tomorrow morning.
At the very least, it appears NYPD presence has increased near the restaurant. Hopefully no one gets hurt in the coming days.
The NYT Gets an Exclusive Interview
A NYT article published on 12-07-2016 summarizes a conversation between NYT reporter Adam Goldman and suspected Ping Pong gunman Edgar Maddison Welch. The interview lasted 45 minutes and included Welch statements such as:
- Welch drove to DC, armed, “to help rescue the children”
- “The intel on this wasn’t 100%”
- Welch recently had internet service installed at his home and allowed him to conduct a personal investigation that left him “with the impression something nefarious was happening”
- Welch listened to Alex Jones, but didn’t necessarily believe in conspiracy theories
- Welch stated “I just wanted to do some good and went about it the wrong way”
Actor/Comedian/Late Night Personality Stephen Colbert Has Had Enough
Late night US television program The Late Show with Stephen Colbert was able to get in on the #pizzagate and fake news construct on December 07, 2016. Colbert stated on his show that:
- “The craziest fake news of all is something called #Pizzagate”
- “People actually believe a conspiracy theory that Hillary Clinton and her former campaign manager, John Podesta, ran a child sex ring at a pizzeria in D.C. This is a lie.”
- “According to the folks with the spider eggs hatching in their brains, Clinton and Podesta have a series of smuggling tunnels that connect to the basement of this pizzeria, but police refuse to investigate the basement crime scene on the flimsy excuse that the pizzeria does not have a basement.”
The Hatybov reference aside, Colbert goes on to ask WikiLeaks, Alex Jones, and sub-Reddit sub-geniuses to “grow the fuck up.” #pizzagate is the result of emails hacked by Russia and published by WikiLeaks, and the oft mentioned references to “pizzas and pizzerias..can only mean one thing: secret sex ring.” Given that Colbert has been dragged into #pizzagate (and in fairness, I am a fan of Colbert’s comedic style), I can understand his anger towards it.
To Colbert’s credit, he does mention programs like his The Late Show aren’t news, but rather the show’s content and opinion are entertainment. And in the sake of full objectivity, when Colbert mentions CBS news as being outlet of “legit” news status, he should probably not say that Flynn was fired, but as CBS news reported a day before, resigned. I know…details…they’re a killer.
Hillary Emerges from the Woods
“Lives Are at Risk”, ” Hillary Clinton Warns Over Fake News, ‘Pizzagate,” states a NPR article on December 08, 2016. Giving a speech at the US Capitol in a purple outfit, Clinton is quoted as saying “the epidemic of malicious fake news and fake propaganda that flooded social media over the past year, it’s now clear that so-called fake news can have real world consequences.” The comment was made in connection to the honoring of retiring Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid.
The article also mentions the statement:
“It’s a danger that must be addressed, and addressed quickly,” Clinton continued. “Bipartisan legislation is making its way through Congress to boost the government’s response to foreign propaganda, and Silicon Valley is starting to grapple with the challenge and threat of fake news. It’s imperative that leaders in both the private sector and the public sector step up to protect our democracy and innocent lives.”
The majority of legitimate news outlets have also covered the speech; despite Clinton not specifically mentioning the term #pizzagate, the Guardian, NPR, CBS, BBC, etc. have connected the conspiracy’s #meme to her speech.
ABC Addressed False Flags
On 12-09-2016, ABC News leads the afternoon rounds with the article titled “Conspiracy Theorists: ‘Pizzagate’ Shooting Just a False Flag. This time through, we see noted researcher and Sandy Hook – hoax proponent James Fetzer cited in the article.
More or less much of the same, #pizzagate is now tied to other conspiracy theories relating to unofficial explanations of Sandy Hook and 9-11. A noted professor of Syracuse, Michael Barkun, explains away #pizzagate as being a closed system of ideas not open for interpretation. He states:
“Pizzagate” believers point out references to pizza in Podesta’s hacked emails, which were published by WikiLeaks, and Comet owner James Alefantis’ ties to Democratic donors. They scour Alefantis’ social-media posts and even his restaurant’s menu for “code words” and “symbols” that supposedly reference child sexual abuse. They jump to incredible conclusions based on Podesta’s and Alefantis’ tastes in art.
Interestingly, the catalog of jimmycomet’s Instagram posts is now a reflection of “tastes of art.” A new twist in the construct in #pizzagate? Time will tell. Syracuse, sadly, does not address dominos on food or a handkerchief with a map that seems pizza related. In fairness, Professor Barkun did publish a book called “A Culture of Conspiracy: Apocalyptic Visions in Contemporary America.” Perhaps the answer to the domino question resides in that publication.
New find 12-13-2016 : Why James Fetzter of all people? One possibility…James Fetzer published an interview with a former police detective on his Real Deal podcast on 11-10-16. The interview was conducted with Detective Jim Rothstein. Rothstein has experience on tracking and investigating pedophile rings across the country and the world. His personal investigations (which I have not personally vetted at this time), pointed to pedophile influence and protection existing at the higher echelons of the Washington DC elite during the 1970’s. At least three times in his investigations, Rothstein was told to back off and drop his work.
Fetzer mentions sources that alleged to have cited NYPD chief and other NYPD officials in respect to material found on bogeyman Anthony Weiner. Evidence was allegedly found on Weiner’s lap top hard drive that claimed a link between Hillary Clinton and :
- Money laundering
- Child exploitation
- Sex crimes with minors
- Pay to play through Clinton Foundation
- Obstruction of justice
Granted, the source is likely deemed fake news, but what has happened in respect to the Weiner investigation? Today’s search on the former Senator includes headlines like :
- He is too broke to stay in a sex rehab center
- He is calling restaurant industry friends for a job
- He was fined $65k for campaign finance violations.
Not one mention anywhere on the status of the material found on his confiscated lap top.
NYT Debunks Pizzagate Pt. 2
Perhaps reeling from criticism of the NYT’s first expose debunking #pizzagate, the news agency returned to #pizzagate with an article titled “Dissecting the #PizzaGate Conspiracy Theories” on December 10, 2016.
This article actually covers quit a bit of ground regarding #pizzagate. The NYT article now summarizes the following as the origin of the conspiracy thesis:
- WikiLeaks posted hacked John Podesta emails a month before the POTUS election
- Far right 4chan and Reddit users begin scouring the emails for proof of wrong doing
- The emails included conversations between Tony and John Podesta regarding dinner plans that included the word pizza
- Far right 4chan users link dinner conversations and pizza to code words referring to child pornography and pedophilia
- Researchers found correspondence between John Podesta and James Alefantis regarding a Democrat fund raiser
- As pizza was deemed a code word, the 49th most influential man of DC and his family pizza restaurant Comet Ping Pong were linked together
- At this point, the #pizzagate construct was created, was defined as fake news by the media, and spread virally through sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- #pizzagate construct expanded to imply Comet Ping Pong as a place that included:
- kill rooms
- underground tunnels
- satanism practice
- #pizzagate construct expanded to imply Comet Ping Pong as a place that included:
- The fake news mean hit a critical state on December 4 when Edgar M. Welch stormed into the restaurant and discharged an assault rifle
- Welch surrendered after finding no evidence of child slaves being held at the restaurant
Despite the story being false and the danger presented by individuals such as Mr. Welch, the #pizzagate construct continues to gain momentum. The NYT then moves on to document and refute eight claims that gave #pizzagate momentum. At a high summary, these claims include:
- Claim #1 – Podesta emails contained code words in emails
- The NYT mentions the “handkerchief with a map that seems pizza related” email and how that led to the genesis of the fake news item of #pizzagate
- Claim #2 – The code words pertain to pedophilia
- “Cheese pizza” appears to only be linked to”child pornography” through 4chan slang
- Another anonymous 4chan user linked other food items mentioned in the emails to “little girls,” “little boys,” “semen,” and “orgy”
- The majority of these words make more sense when considering the fact the Podesta are famous in Washington circles for their Italian cooking and fund-raising dinners, “often cooked by their mother”
- Claim #3 – Comet Ping Pong is the center of the crime ring
- Internet detectives linked the restaurant’s signage to satanic symbols
- Fake news stories then accelerated the restaurant to be the center of the child trafficking ring
- Claim #4 – jimmycomet’s Instagram photo of Obama playing ping pong ties Comet directly to Obama
- The photograph of Obama playing ping pong is actually a framed photograph in the White House that jimmycomet took and posted to Instagram while visiting the White House
- Claim #5 – Comet Ping Pong and other businesses near the 49th most influential person of DC use pedophile symbols to advertise their businesses
- Despite Ping Pong and other businesses nearby using symbols that resemble symbols defined by the FBI as being “used by pedophiles to identify sexual preferences,” this isn’t really an issue as other major American BRANDS and LOGOS use similar shapes
- Interestingly enough, the FBI document defining pedophile code shapes/symbols was also leaked by WikiLeaks
- Despite Ping Pong and other businesses nearby using symbols that resemble symbols defined by the FBI as being “used by pedophiles to identify sexual preferences,” this isn’t really an issue as other major American BRANDS and LOGOS use similar shapes
- Claim #6 – Comet was attached to secret tunnels through its basement, and also had a secret kill room and posted a picture of it on Instagram
- Again, not true. The NYT states that the image above is:
- A cold food storage space that Alefantis was considering leasing due to a lack of cold food storage capacity at Comet Ping Pong
- Also, “a reporter” can confirm that there is no basement at Ping Pong
- Again, not true. The NYT states that the image above is:
- Claim #7- Alefantis proved he was a pedophile by admitting so by wearing a t-shirt
- Also not true, as the man in the t-shirt above is the co owner of a different restaurant in DC called L’Enfant Cafe-Bar
- Not to be confused with the “infant lover” hinted elsewhere, L’Enfant was named as such in tribute to a French-American colonist who served under George Washington
- Also not true, as the man in the t-shirt above is the co owner of a different restaurant in DC called L’Enfant Cafe-Bar
- Claim #8 – Tony and John P kidnapped Madeline McCann in Portugal in 2007
- Another false piece of news, as computer e-fit images released above were two witness descriptions of a single suspect in the kidnapping, not two separate suspects.
- Also, per the legitimate news source the Guardian, the witnesses described the suspect as being “white, aged between 20 and 40, with short brown hair, of medium build, medium height and clean shaven.” In 2007, Tony and John were 64 and 58, respectively.
- And to add to confusion, the source that the Podestas were in in Portugal in 2007 are attributed to fake news site Victurus Liberatas
- This fake news site promotes ideas like the Titanic being sunk deliberately and that the Queen of England is a reptilian alien
This one actually covered quite a bit of material. Sadly, no definition of what the pizza related map is or how one plays dominoes on food items, but that was probably too much to ask for. Also, there is no explanation regarding the bizarre/absurd content of the other jimmycomet Instagram photographs.
At the very least, it would be interesting to see the NYT document and investigate the possibility of food items such as pizza and pasta as at least being possibly attributive of pedophilia terminology. I imagine peer reviewed/Interpol type references could be consulted by the NYT investigative team rather than sourcing 4chan lingo; if legitimate sources discount this link to code words, I would think the construct of #pizzagate might start to lose steam.
SNL Gets In On the Laughs
On December 10, 2016, NBC’s dinosaur SNL gets in a take on #pizzagate. On its Weekend Update with Michael Che sketch, guest character Cathy Anne has an opinion. Anne, who I guess is a “trailer trash, white redneck, cigarette smoker, former crack head,” is a character portrayed by actor Cecily Strong. We see her touch base on:
- “Fake news”
- “Alt right”/”white supremacist” fake news
- Stupid Americans who are gullible regarding “fake news”
- Donald Trump and all people should stay off the internet for a few days
No offense to SNL, but I haven’t watched it since the days of Chris Farley and Norm McDonald. I must be getting old…I have to say I preferred Colbert’s comedic take on #pizzagate much more.
Dan Abrams Gets Attacked
“Mediate Founder Dan Abrams Under Attack Online After Declaring #PizzaGate 100 % False,” reads the website Mediate’s article. Published on 12/11/2016, the article summarizes Abrams and Howard Kurtz’s denouncement of #PizzaGate on Fox News Media Buzz. Hitting on phrases like “fake news” and “total nonsense” in respect to the conspiracy theory, Abrams began to receive blowback on social media shortly after the segment aired.
Surprisingly, this curious comment is included:
Abrams said that those who refuse to believe anything out of a sense of bitterness toward the mainstream media need to at least reject “fake news,” which is false information that is written and distributed for profit. Not agreeing with the facts presented by mainstream outlets does not give a person license to disregard those facts, nor is it a good reason for someone to ignore when their contacts are spreading lies.
Personally, I’m not sure what to make of such a loaded statement.
Mother and Alex Jones
Published on 12-12-16, the article is titled “PizzaGate Shooter Read Alex Jones. Here Are Some Other Fans Who Perpetrated Violent Acts.” This time through, #PizzaGate began with 4chan and grew through Alex Jones and his show Infowars. Given the fact Ping Pong gun man Welch was a fan of Jones and his show, the article runs downs other terrorist/gunmen/mass killers who also took interest in Infowars.
Plato Predicts #PizzaGate
An article published on December 13, 2016, again by the WaPost, is titled “Plato predicted ‘Pizzagate’ (or rather, fake news more generally).” The intro is familiar: a heavily armed man entered a popular family restaurant in DC, shot his assault rifle, self investigated the restaurant of fake news claims, and found no evidence of child trafficking. Again, fake news is to blame for this incident and suspected to be involved with the election of Donald Trump to POTUS. Fortunately, Plato can assist in determining what is ultimately in play with fake news interest.
Platos’ Cave and the Sophists
The article discusses Plato’s Republic and the allegory of reality in context to prisoners chained to a cave wall. These prisoners have spent their entire lives inside the cave, and observe only shadows on the cave wall. These shadows constitute true reality to the observations of the prisoners. Now, should one of these prisoners escape from the cave, they would realize that the shadow reality is false, and that true reality is much different than life in the cave.
This allegory of the cave is extended by the author of the article. The prisoners are “epistemologically impaired” and unable to distinguish fiction from fact due to the manipulations of an external agent. The Republic’s account of the cave dwellers includes sophist “manipulative puppeteers” and “skilled and well-compensated mercenary orators who…constructed arguments for money without regard for their truth or falsehood.” Today’s sophists, the article surmises, are the authors of fake news articles who present false information for profit rather than the well being of the public.
The second point of Plato’s work in the article relates to the problem of free speech and democracy. The need for aristocracy, or the idea that parents, teachers and philosophers should govern society, is dismissed by citizens belonging to a society with democratic equality. Mature democracies, which I guess is what the USA is per the WaPo column, allow for the manifestation of false data points to compete in a “marketplace of ideas, with genuine, demonstrable truths.” We see this daily when people choose to listen to “corporate interests, celebrities or conspiracy theorists” and give these claims equal footing to scientific expertise.
Another fascinating article, to say the least. If one were to be objective and unbiased, I think it is fair to state that the WaPost could also be lumped into a “money making sophist scheme that creates its own intended shadows,” but wiser people than I would probably disagree with that thought (see Rousseau’s Platonic Enlightenment). It is also interesting to note Plato’s solution to the “mature democracy” as mentioned by the article. The solution is simply to “replace democracy with aristocratic regime ruled by uniquely gifted and elaborately trained philosophers who are professional at telling truth from falsehood.” As this is likely not possible, the article concludes that we, as citizens, need to make it a priority to pursue truth. Without the assistance of special interventions like pulling a subreddit page, or the NYT pulling an AP story on the Dark Room, or the WaPo not following up on Anthony Weiner’s laptop investigation, “the pathologies of fake news will be with us for a long time.”
Mike Pence Gets an Invite
On December 13, 2016, NOPE, or Neighbors Organizing for Power & Equality, invited future Vice President Mike Pence to grab a slice of pizza at Comet Ping Pong. As of this time, no response has been given.
An Update on Edgar Maddison Welch
Federal authorities charged Mr. Welch with interstate transportation of a firearm to commit a crime. Local DC authorities chose to not pursue charges against Welch for the possession of multiple firearms, which was reported on earlier by legitimate news sites as including:
- The AR-15 assault rifle
- A .38 caliber revolver
- A loaded shotgun
- Multiple rounds of ammunition
Instead, the more serious federal charge, which carries a statutory maximum of 10 years in prison, will be pursued. From the court document available on CNN’s link below, it appears that Mr. Welch became obsessed with YouTube videos regarding #PizzaGate , which included PIZZAGATE: The Bigger Picture. No mention to Alex Jones is included in the court documents, which is interesting, as we then see…
Alex Jones Scrubs Away With a Possible Ping Pong Lawsuit Looming
Subsequent to the comments made by Ping Pong gunman Welch in court, and his testimony regarding Alex Jones and his program Infowars, the Infowars machine appears to have set the gremlins loose.
Per the “fake news” sites mediatmattersforamercia and daily kos, it is alleged that Infowars has scrubbed a November 23, 2016 YouTube video headlined “Pizzagate is Real: Something Is Going On, But What?” by removing it from the YT servers. Jones subsequently deleted a Facebook post referencing the stated YT video.
As the commentators on dailykos theorize, the reason for the scrub is that Jones “knows being the identified source of a conspiracy theory cited by a gun-toting lunatic entering a restaurant to “investigate” those wild claims make it Extremely Really Super Damn Likely that he is about to be sued for every penny Comet’s lawyers can wring from his greasy hide.”
In fairness and full disclosure, Media Matters did forget to mention that its founder David Brock, did at one point in time engage in romantic relationship with jimmycomet in the below mentioned blog post on its site. Whether that implies that Brock has some financial interest in Comet Ping Pong and sales have been adversely impacted by the fake news construct, I’m not certain. I know…details…they are a killer.
This is another part of the saga that will be fascinating to watch unfold over the next few months.
Megyn Kelly Expresses Sympathy for jimmycomet
On the December 15, 2016 Fox News show the Kelly File presents a take on a #PizzaGate. Featuring an interview with James Alefantis, Kelly breaks down #PizzaGate as such:
- #PizzaGate is bogus news story stating that Bill and Hillary Clinton were running a sex ring out of Washington DC pizza parlor
- It began with an anonymous tweet days after FBI Director James Comey reopened the federal case against Hillary Clinton
- The tweet indicated that emails found on Former Senator Weiner’s laptop contained information regarding Hillary Clinton and her involvement with a pedophilia ring
- The tweet included a Facebook post that claimed to cite a NYPD source stating that “my NYPD source said its much more vile and serious than classified material on Weiner’s device…we’re talking an international child enslavement sex ring
- The next day, the bogus claim was picked up by fake news site YourNewsWire.com, and then began to spread on 4chan, Reddit, right wing blogs, and pro Donald Trump sites
- Alex Jones also began to speak to the validity of #PizzaGate
- Internet sleuths began to comb through the Podesta / WikiLeak emails and began to note the use of the word pizza
- Pizza is a term urban dictionary defines as slang for child pornography
- Therefore, pizza was somehow misconstrued as possible code word in the hacked emails
- Sleuths also pounced on the correspondence between James Alefantis and John Podesta
- Once that connection was found, the detective work found Alefantis and his jimmycomet Instagram account
- Fox News highlights the young girl with her arms taped to a ping pong table as being Alefantis’ goddaughter and of being “very innocent”
- The other Instagram photo featured is the cold food storage container, and that conspiracy theorists claimed it was a secret room in Ping Pong’s basement
- Of course, as we all know, a reporter has proven that there is no basement at Comet
- Alefantis then dealt with threatening phone calls, and on November 7th, the construct #PizzaGate was born
- The conspiracy hit an all time low when Welch, the Ping Pong gunman, showed up at the restaurant on December 4 with an AR-15, a revolver, and a knife, in order to self investigate
As for the interview with Kelly and Alefantis, highlights of interest included:
- Words including falseness, lies, rabbit hole, fake, fake, and conspiracy theory
- The photograph of the young girl taped to the table is really misunderstood
- Alex Jones is fanning societal dangers like Edgar M. Welch
- Washington DC police have found no evidence of any wrongdoing
- Emails that include the word “pizza” exist because you run a pizza restaurant and are not indication of pedophilia
- Real life consequences due to “fake news”
- There needs to be some way to stop “fake news”
- Reddit has taken a proper step by dialing back the spread of fake news in the interest of pubic safety
Some notes the hard hitting Kelly interview forgot to address:
- The out of place usage of words like dominoes, pizza, maps pizza related, three month old pasta, etc. belong to emails attached to John Podesta correspondence, not Alefantis
- Is there a possibility that such words indicate child trafficking?
- Would it break a major network to bring on an Interpol/FBI specialist to voice their opinion about key phrases in the hacked Podesta emails? Seriously.
- No other jimmycomet Instagram photos were required to be explained away (like the creepy kids/teenagers in mask photo, which I’m sure is also innocent)
Also, Megyn Kelly did not directly ask jimmycomet if indeed he was involved with a child sex trafficking ring, nor did comet at any point openly state that he was not involved in such a network. That might have been a wonderful way for Alefantis to publicly denounce any alleged relationship to #PizzaGate, and help put the conspiracy theory to final rest.
The Ping Pong Gun Man Pleads Not Guilty to All Charges
Edgar M. Welch, on December 16, 2016, pleads not guilty.
“Welch is charged with a federal offense of interstate transportation of a firearm and ammunition, a District of Columbia offense of assault with a dangerous weapon, and a D.C. offense of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime of violence.”
Previous reports stated that local charges had originally been dropped; now, however, it appears Welch will face both local and Federal charges in court.
Pro-Trump PizzaGate Trolls At It Again
Leading top Google news headlines on 12-20-2016 in reference to #PizzaGate include headlines from fake news sites Raw Media and Media Matters. #PizzaGate is now including controversial blogger/personality Mik Cernovich, a member of the alt-right social community that, among other things, allegedly:
- Weaponized the fake news construct of #PizzaGate
- Accused mainstream media of covering up #PizzaGate
- Implied Vice President Biden of being a pedo
- Implied that the incident involving the Ping Pong gun man was a false flag
Cernovich, according to the fake news sites, is now attacking Vic Berger, a video editor and satirist of the video company Super Deluxe, and implying that Berger too is involved with a possible child sex ring. Berger, featured in legitimate news sources Wired and The New Yorker, apparently engaged in a Twitter battle with Cernovich regarding the subject matter of pedophilia in recent weeks.
Snopes Leads the Winter Solstice
Today’s top Google news article in respect to #PizzaGate is fake news site Snopes and it’s article titled “The Ban Scanner.” As fact would have it, beginning on December 20, 2016, a letter claiming to be written by former NYC mayor Rudy Giuliani was circulated in social media circles throughout the day. The fake Twitter account @RudolphGiuliani was immediately suspended from Twitter as the account had repeatedly posted information regarding the “baseless (but complicated) conspiracy theory about a massive pedophilia ring was being run out a Washington, D.C. pizzeria.” The letter can be found here:
Democrats Also Believe in #PizzaGate
“A Surprising Number of Democrats Think PizzaGate is True,” reads a December 28, 2016 New York Magazine article. Referencing a poll conducted by The Economist/YouGov, the article summarizes responses to a line of “tinfoil crowd” questions regarding conspiracy theories. Unique to #PizzaGate, “the asinine conspiracy” theory that relates to allegations that “John Podesta’s leaked emails contain coded messages referring to ‘pedophilia, human trafficking, and satanic ritual abuse,” the study found that:
- Nearly half of the nation’s Republican’s believe in the validity of the conspiracy theory
- A shocking 24 percent of Democrat’s believe #PizzaGate to be “probably” or “definitely” true
The article also goes on to mention 9/11, Obama-birther, and vaccines/autism conspiracy theory belief responses.
Trump Supporter Goes Berserk at a Church in Philly
A pro Donald Trump supporter storms into a Philadelphia Cathedral Christmas Mass and yells “Pizzagate is real! Pizzagate is real! The Catholic church has been sexually abusing children — thousands of them for decades.” The pro Trump supporter, Howard Caplan, told the NY Daily News that his outburst was a Christmas gift to the church goers, and that #PizzaGate was obvious.
The article concludes with the Caplan quote : “Then after the election, I felt a bit lost,” Caplan said. “But then ‘Pizzagate’ showed up.”
Bogut and His Bogus Injury
Continuing along the lines of the absurdity of #PizzaGate, reddit users return to former Milwaukee Buck center Andrew Bogut. As legit news source Sports Illustrated states in its 12-30-2016 article “No, Andrew Bogut’s knee injury is not an anti-PizzaGate conspiracy,” a Trump subreddit thread featured a conspiratorial perspective regarding Bogut’s recent injury. The article features a Reddit post that ultimately states that Bogut, currently unavailable for play for 11 games due to a knee injury, was ultimately suspended for 11 games due to his vocal belief in #PizzaGate . The knee injury, the allegation speculates, is a cover for Bogut’s suspension from the NBA.
The Pegasus Bombshell
On January 6, 2017, alternate media/YT investigators make a claim attempting to link an Instagram photograph above with a photograph of the alleged Alefantis building called the Pegasus Museum. The investigation at this time is still relatively new, but from what I can gather on Voat is that researchers are speculating that this is a possible building atop of a system of Washington DC tunnels. More to come on this claim with some further research….
Ryan A. O’Neal, PizzaGate Gear, and a Possible James Alefantis Conversation: Another Twist in the ‘Gate’
A #PizzaGate YouTube researcher by the name of Ryan A. O’Neal presented a YT video referring to the work of Pegasus Museum. Thanks to an interview presented on the Opperman Report, a possible side bar to the larger #PizzaGate mythos has begun to take shape. The basis of O’Neal’s claim, assisted with private investigator/web personality Ed Opperman, is currently as such:
- O’Neal had a monetized, YouTube channel called PizzaGateGear generated/modified in December of 2016
- O’Neal created a website PizzaGateGear.com on Dec 8 or 9 of 2016
- The store featured t-shirts with the logo PizzaGate on them
- While researching another tangent of #PizzaGate referred to as the “kill room” O’Neil discovered the work of Voat researchers and Pegasus Museum
- O’Neal at that time began to put together a YouTube video summarizing the work of other researchers found on Voat
- Prior to publishing his YouTube document, O’Neal attempted to contact Alefantis through Facebook Messenger on Tuesday January 3, 2017 in order to address claims against Alefantis and give Alefantis an option to do a Q&A
- An “alleged” Alefantis responded with a “look, there is a zero chance this is gonna happen”
- On Wednesday January 5, 2017, O’Neal published his summary of the work done on Voat regarding the Pegasus Museum
- Alefantis later that day contacted O’Neal and texted “Ok man, you win”
- O’Neal thought that meant Alefantis was going to agree to the previously requested interview
- Alefantis then returned with a mix of statements in text, including things like “you are in trouble” and a request to phone Alefantis directly within a ten second countdown
- As the clock hit zero, O’Neal phoned and Alefantis answered
- Allegedly at this point, Alefantis began to barrage O’ Neal with a three minute rant of threats, including the death of O’Neal, his girlfriend, his mom, his son…all would happen unless he took his recently published Pegasus Museum video down from YouTube
- Alefantis told O’Neal that only the Pegasus Museum needed to be deleted, not O’Neal’s other work regarding a #PizzaGate “Kill Room”
- O’Neal was to tell the public that he removed it due to YouTube policy violations/profiteering, not due to the conversation with Alefantis
- On that Wednesday night around 11 pm, after O’Neal agreed to take down the video
- Alefantis and O’Neal spoke for some time, and O’Neal mentions that jimmy comet could be a good guy, yet would follow through on threats and sent O’Neil
- Pictures of O’Neil and his mom, O’Neil and his girlfriend
- Alefantis and O’Neal spoke for some time, and O’Neal mentions that jimmy comet could be a good guy, yet would follow through on threats and sent O’Neil
- On Thursday January 6, 2017, Alefantis called O’Neil again around 11 or 12 with a face time phone call
- Alefantis immediately hung up
- Alefantis followed up with a non face time phone call
- Alefantis proceeds to follow up with his threats from the previous night’s conversation unless the video was taken down
- Later that day, Alefantis texted O’Neal again with some apparent legal jargon
- As fate would have it, despite O’Neal taking down his video, others had since mirrored the Pegasus Museum video on YouTube
- Subsequent to that text conversation, O’Neal unpublished all of his Pegasus videos from YouTube
- O’Neal then later uploaded a video with all of the text messages exchanged with Alefantis over the previous week
- Alefantis responded, in text (again), with “You lie, you are a liar…I didn’t threaten your family”
- No conversation has occurred since
Following this exchange, O’Neal decided to talk to the police. He then filed a police report with his local police. The following day, O’Neal contacted an attorney; on the advise on the attorney, he then went to the local FBI agent and gave a special agent all of the information he had accumulated. O’Neal mentions that the FBI was very interested and has kept in contact since his initial meeting.
- The number he phoned Alefantis apparently ties to the phone number attached to the Pegasus Museum paperwork listing Alefantis as principal owner
- All O’Neal information and testimony has been collected and recorded by Ed Opperman through a separate conversation with Ryan O’Neal
- Ryan O’Neal mentions all of this legitimate and truthful; he even agreed to partake in an Opperman overseen polygraph exam
What to think of this? An actual account of threats or another psyop scenario in play? Another distraction in place, for whatever reason? At the very least, I imagine the Opperman report is considered to be fake news in the larger context of information. There are a few missing details and time slips on the chat, which I’m not sure is a case of being uncomfortable with the situation, interview, or new found publicity.
Why is someone so privy (49th most influential DC person) to expensive, Washington DC legal consul and advice using Facebook Messenger to contact a YouTube researcher? And why would he message once again after seeing a YouTube video showing his previous text messages? Very odd, and most peculiar.
At the very least, this will be a curious development to follow going forward.
#HumanTraffickingAwarenessDay Gets Hijacked
Beginning in 2007, January 11th, per the US Congress, is to forever be known as Human Trafficking Awareness Day. As the day’s hashtag nomenclature received quite a bit of “trending” activity on social media sites, conspiracy theorist have resorted to hijacking the hashtag to bring awareness to #PizzaGate once more.
Per the new article, we read that #PizzaGate now originated from false rumors circulated on Twitter regarding our old friend, Anthony Weiner, and his confiscated laptop. False rumors stated that Weiner had been involved with child sexual abuse; this in turn, of course led to a fictitious conspiracy theory that connected Weiner to Clinton, other high level Democratic leaders, and Comet Ping Pong. Once more, the theory is that this criminal ring is operated out of an underground hub based in the basement of Comet Ping Pong.
Although no mention is made to the original Podesta emails or jimmycomet’s Instagram photograph collection, the article does at least address human trafficking as being “horrible,” “profitable,” and growing at an alarming rate. The idea behind Human Trafficking Awareness Day was to raise awareness of Americans that “human trafficking does not just happen in other countries, but in states and communities across the United States – a fact some still struggle to recognize.”
From some of the tweets included in the article including references made to Epstein Island, it is safe to assume some people have become aware without the need of US sanctioned awareness day.
#Pissgate Is Introduced
Not to be outdone, #PizzaGate is temporarily overshadowed by President-elect Donald Trump and an auspicious 35 page dozier, created by a former British MI6 agent, that claims to contain “compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” The CNN article, “Intel chiefs presented with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him,” reveals among other things, Trump and his team’s involvement with Russian officials to groom Trump for presidency of the US.
One nugget of interest in the top secret file included Trump’s involvement with a Krompromat tactic, wherein Russian authorities paid prostitutes to urinate in front of high ranking US officials at the Moscow Ritz Carlton. The prostitutes also possibly urinated on a hotel bed that possibly used by President Obama. Of course, all “golden shower” scenes were filmed and microphone by the Russian state in order to be be used by
The documents of the expose were published by BuzzFeed (yes, the same BuzzFeed that discredited #PizzaGate). As fate would have it, CNN ran with the BuzzFeed analysis, yet both were challenged by the NYT as promoting false news. Confused? Me too.
BuzzFeed analysis discrediting #PizzaGate is cited by NYT, WaPo, and other credible new sites.
BuzzFeed analysis including #Pissgate is cited by CNN, yet NYT calls it “fake news”
Believe it or not, I’m still confused.
Another Threat Punished
Yusif Lee Jones, 52, a Shreveport, LA resident pleads guilty in the Lafayette Federal Courthouse on January 12, 2017. Jones, on December 7, 2016, called Comet Ping Pong and/or BestaPizza and threatened to “shoot everyone in the place” in order to “save the kids.” Jones faces up to five years in prison, three years of supervised release, restitution, and a possible $250,000 fine for one count of interstate threatening communication.
#PizzaGate Appears to be Reality Checked
On the same day that fake news site Gizmodo (or legit news site, I can’t remember which) denounces a new conspiracy tangent of #PizzaGate regarding internet archive sites, an Atlanta CBS satellite station CBS46 features investigative reporter Ben Swann and a report on #PizzaGate. The Gizmodo article makes light of a “dumb” new claim from #PizzaGate researchers who feel that archived web site services Archive.is and Slimgur are removing archived content regarding #PizzaGate because “they are too close to the truth.” Since #PizzaGate’s “days in the limelight are waning,” this is possibly a new claim to keep the fake news item alive.
Much to Gizmodo’s chagrin, apparently #PizzaGate isn’t quite ready to head into the sunset. On January 17, 2016, a CBS46/Ben Swann/Reality Check segment is uploaded to YouTube. This one is interesting (and surprisingly hits on a few concerns mentioned on this blog that have largely been ignored by “legit news”). Swann touches base on a number of detailed points that have largely been non-reported/skewed/misrepresented by other legit media outlets the past two months. As he states he has researched the conspiracy over the past month, his findings include:
- The origin of #PizzaGate actually comes from WikiLeaks release of John Podesta emails
- Swann mentions that not one single email directly mentions pedophilia or child sex trafficking, a correct statement and indeed a fact
- However, Swann mentions the strangely referenced words of “pizza,” “handkerchief,” and other possible code words used in the emails
- These words, of course, have been referenced as being code words used by pedophiles, as addressed by self-described online investigators
- Comet Ping Pong, per the majority of mass media coverage, was not associated with anyone involved with original findings
- The media ignored the fact that Comet Ping Pong and its owner, James Alefantis, was referenced numerous times in the hacked Podesta emails and a friend of John Podesta
- Swann, then brings up Besta Pizza, a pizza parlor two businesses away from Comet and references the following images:
- Also mentioned is jimmycomet’s Instagram…surprisingly, not shared because the would be “too disturbing to show on tv”
Other tidbits of interest per Swann’s investigation included:
- Bands that performed at Comet Ping Pong, and their use of pedophilia symbols in their music videos
- John Podesta’s close relationship with “serial child molester” and Illinois Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert
- Swann also mentions a Washington Post Report when “visitors got an eyeful when they walked into a bedroom at the [Tony] Podesta residence hung with multiple color pictures by Katy Grannan, a photographer known for documentary-style pictures of naked teenagers in their parent’s suburban homes”
At the end of the day, Swann states, there is no proof that a child sex ring is being run out of a DC pizza parlor. However, given the amount of “strange” evidence attached to the conspiracy, not one single public investigation from FBI and local police has taken place. And why is that? Swann goes to essentially challenge local police and the FBI and asks “Why hasn’t any investigation taken place?”
Some early feedback on this is that some feel the video segment is too lacking in details..I don’t know. Personally, I’ve shown this video to at least ten people who think #PizzaGate is fake news this morning, and they are surprised by the claims and think there now might be something to it. As good and detailed as a Titus Frost or a Marty Leeds documentary might very well be on YouTube, there is big power in seeing that CBS logo in the bottom right hand of the Swann five minute video discussing #PizzaGate. Swann looks to have covered some other controversial subjects in the past on his program; time will only tell where this specific program goes.
/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6vvx2rHid0 – Marty Leeds intro
/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8YdSvyp89E – Titus Frost intro
CBS Imbecile Feedback
Just one day after fake news site Gizmodo stated that the glory days of #PizzaGate were behind us, only to be quickly proven wrong when the story returned to the forefront courtesy of Ben Swann’s above mentioned Reality Check report, Gizmodo returns with a 1-18-2017 headline “CBS Imbecile Just Fanned the Pizzagate Flames for No Reason.” This one starts of with some possible good fake news headlines (who knows what constitutes fake anymore, I give up), such as:
- Q: How badly did we get played by Russia?
- A : Very
- What will Trump’s America look like ?
- A : Bad
- Will the Constitutional rights we enjoy survive the next four years?
With these questions in mind, the article asks why “Atlanta anchor Ben Swann asks: so uhh…what about that unsubstantiated thing with the pizza place and the kid-fucking, guys?” Quite the start to today’s lead Google headline search result!
The author, Bryan Menegus, quickly reminds why the topic is fake news. For starter’s, he includes:
- Are jimmycomet and John Podesta are close personal friends? Of course they are…
- Swann fails to mention the connection in his segment between Besta Pizza and jimmycomet
- This is true
- jimmycomet’s Instagram account really only has a “half dozen or so” Instagram photos that are “innocuous”
- Well, there might be more than a few dozen, as many witnessed on jimmycomet’s publicly open Instagram account 11-23-2016
- #chickenlover and #hotard, for whatever reason, weren’t included by either Swann or Menegus, which is too bad, because I’m curious what #chickenlover and #hotard comment implies next to a photograph of kids
- (probably nothing)
- Besta Pizza likely wasn’t aware of the FBI’s document “Symbols and Logos Used by Pedophiles to Identify Sexual Preferences,” hence they didn’t change their logo for that reason
- Another article attacking claims made by Swann states the owners of Besta Pizza in today’s WaPo states the owner of Besta Pizza just hired “someone to design “the potentially pedophilia symbol inspired logo, and Besta was forced to change it once #PizzaGate broke loose
- Q: And why do the Podesta emails contain so many “nonsense phrases that reference foods items”?
- A: OK, it is weird, but why would “decades-long Washington insider attempting to conceal his proclivity for young children really be stupid enough to use code that the FBI had identified as far back as 2007?”
- Well, in all fairness, we are talking about a decades long high level DC insider who opened a phishing email regarding his Gmail password and account from the Ukraine (again, I’m not judging)
- A: OK, it is weird, but why would “decades-long Washington insider attempting to conceal his proclivity for young children really be stupid enough to use code that the FBI had identified as far back as 2007?”
At the end of the article, we again see why #PizzaGate is fake, and references the NYT, BBC, and even a Snopes debunking article, which I guess is a legitimate news site now that BuzzFeed possibly isn’t after the #PissGate controversy. Again, I’m not going to pretend to know what is legit and fake at this point. And the reason for Swann’s motivation to ask why has there not been an investigation into the basis of #PizzaGate? Profit and self promotion, as the new conspiracy is “local news anchor capitalizes on internet’s commenter’s gullibility to boost ratings.”
Marty Leeds #PizzaGate YouTube video, cited above, is referenced, but his video also mentions that Hollywood stars and famous figures could be government controlled mind slaves
When I performed a Google search this morning, I was not able to locate the Swann segment in the first few pages of web results. This afternoon, however, I was able to locate the video’s reference in the Gizmodo, Mediate, and even a WaPo refute; it appears an all out second wave blitz against #PizzaGate and against the CBS affiliate in Atlanta and reporter Swann is currently underway. Both the WaPo and Gizmodo articles are very aggressive and biased towards Swann’s segment, which is, as always, is interesting to see from “legit” news sources. The Washington Post was quick to pull Norway’s Dark Room AP story back in November, but quick to get an opinion out on “Reality Check.” Stay tuned.
Ben Swann Gets Mobbed by the Media
As expected, the morning of 1-19-2017 saw many new articles regarding #PizzaGate, and most notably, and number of opinions, fake and/or legit, regarding Atlanta CBS satellite reporter Ben Swann. A quick run through leading Google search results yields the following notes of interest:
- David Brock’s MediaMatters comments that the conspiracy started on “fringe and fake news-purveying websites before…Alex Jones and the son of Donald Trum’s national security advisor promoted” is baseless and led to one death threat
- David Brock of course is jimmycomet’s previous partner/love interest
- Ben Swann has a history of pushing conspiracy theories, including…
- Sandy Hook
- Aurora, CO shooting
- And according to everyone’s favorite news outlet, the NYT, 9/11
- Mediaite comments that Swann defended the “conspiracy theory that led one man to charge into a pizzeria with an assault rifle” as not being fake news and needed to be investigated fully
- Also mentioned, Ben Swann questioned…
- Sandy Hook
- Aurora, CO shooting
- Boston Marathon as potentially being a false flag
- Gizmodo, as previously mentioned, speculated that the “CBS imbecile” was presenting a report on #PizzaGate for self promotion and for personal profit
- The WaPo article, which cites the previously mentioned fake news article by Gizmodo, states that Swann’s “video slime” even mentions references to former House Speak and serial pedophile Dennis Hastert, but “won’t dive into the detail here”
- Fake news site The Daily Beast analysis of Swann’s report of a “debunked conspiracy theory spread by 4chan and Infowars that Clinton campaign chief John Podesta is connected to a child sex ring n the basement of a pizza shot that has no basement” is now attached to Russia and the GOP
- Swann, a former employee of Russia Today, owns a website, Truth in Media, which happens to share a contact phone # with a prominent member of the Republican Liberty Caucus
- The Daily Beast’s proof that Swann is a GOP/Russian media operative? “Reality Check” subject matter that included:
- “If Assad is Committing Genocide in Aleppo, Why Are People Celebrating in the Streets?”
- “Why Health Issues Prove Clinton Campaign Untrustworthy on Many Levels”
- “5 Problems with CIA Claim that Russia Hacked DNC/Podesta emails”
- Crowdsourcing an episode about how “U.S. and partners intentionally created ISIS”
- The Huffington Post, another fake/legit news site, focuses on Swann’s report regarding the usage of “strangely worded emails”
- Running down the article briefly, we again see references to Swann’s Russia Today background, as well as his “pseudo-investigative reports of elaborate conspiracies”
- “Strangely worded emails,” possibly like “should we play dominos on cheese or pasta this evening,” are repeated as code words for pedophiles in conspiracy circles and Alex Jones
All five articles are quick to point out that the segment appeared on “Meredith-owned CBCS46.”
Where in the World is Ben Swann?
Since the CBS affiliate reporter’s blitz through the major points of #PizzaGate concern, it appears that Mr. Swann has not been on the air. His cohost, Sharon Reed, has been solo anchoring the nightly new program in his absence.
Officially, there is no explanation for his media absence, despite the fact he does not appear to have been fired by Atlanta’s CBS46. News direct Frank Volpicella and GM Mark Pimental have not responded to requests from news outlets requesting information regarding Swann.
Swann apparently has also been quiet on his social media accounts. He has made infrequent Tweets, and has not appeared on either his Facebook or Instagram accounts since his Reality Check #PizzaGate story aired last week.
Quite the development for an individual who apparently received no feedback for other segments detailing conspiracy theories regarding 9/11, Sandy Hook, and Aurora, Colorado.
The update on Swann was made on January 26, 2017, by Rodney Ho and his AJC and TV talk blog.
PizzaGate Gets Geeked
Still think there are legs to #Pizzagate? Well, Geek.com is here to persuade you otherwise. As the article suggests, “clip on your tinfoil hat and grab your snorkel, because this might be our scariest dive yet into the Internet Gutter.”
This article at least points out that:
- The Podesta emails referenced Marian Abramovic
- The lost handkerchief with a “pizza-related map”
It also mentions mass media favorite “D.C. restaurant that doesn’t actually have a basement.” (see Pegasus Museum above).
Rightfully so, the case does indeed have a lack of evidence. No child has come forward to make an allegation against any of the individuals allegedly involved. And the article is fair to point out that the Welch / Ping Pong Gunman incident was called “false flag” by many of those who have investigated the incident. So what is so ridiculous about #PizzaGate per the article?
- The claims are “so” false, no law enforcement investigation is needed
- Since the claims are false, investigators have had to make up stuff to lend credence to the case
- Basically people investigating #PizzaGate are crazies
This one hit all the biggies: Andrew Bogut, Ben Swann, Donald Trump, Michael Flynn Jr., and even the suggestion that the Democratic party establishment is “composed of clueless, selfish, venal idiots.” You know, like the kind of high level DC elite people who open an email from the Ukraine asking for your password,..you know? Sadly, the author, K. Thor Jensen, fails to explain “play dominos on food items,” or fails to ask the FBI or Interpol whether or not “hot dogs, pizza, and pasta are indeed pedo code words.” Maybe the author gets to it the next time?
ZeroHedge Editorial Reminds Us All of Laura Silsby
Fakenews site Zerohedge reminds that the origins of #PizzaGate did not ultimately begin with the John Podesta emails, but rather convicted human trafficker Laura Silsby. The connection with the Clintons is, as William Craddick, as such:
- Silsby is the former director of Haitian located The New Life Children’s Refuge
- The Refuge was a “non‐profit Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing, loving and caring for orphaned, abandoned and impoverished Haitian and Dominican children, demonstrating God’s love and helping each child find healing, hope, joy and new life in Christ.“[
- Silsby and nine other American nationals were arrested by Haitian authorties on January 29, 2010 when attempting to steal 33 children from Haiti
- Hillary and Bill Clinton took an interest in the arrest
- Bill Clinton, who at the time was a special Haitian envoy for the United Nations, was to put to the task of putting out the fire of a scandal involving American citizens and child abductions
- On February 7, 2010, Bill intervened with the Haitian government to strike a deal that would secure the release of all those involved with the arrest, aside from Silsby
- Haitian prosecutors later then reduced the initial charge against Silsby from “conspiracy and child abduction” to “arranging regular travel”
- A February 9, 2010 Hillary email to her Counselor Cheryl Mills discussed US Government options regarding the arrested Americans in Haiti
- On February 11, 2010, the NYT (interestingly enough, Mark Thompson was still at the BBC at this time) reports that Silsby’s original lawyer, Jorge Puello, was arrested by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement as a suspect of leading and international human trafficking ring involving minors and women
- Puello’s wife, at that time, was serving a sentence in El Salvador and faced charges regarding the “presumed sexual exploitation of minors and women”
- Puello was ultimately sentenced to three years of imprisonment in a federal prison for “alien smuggling”
- Since her release from Haiti, Silsby has since returned to Idaho
- Currently, Silsby is employed as Vice President of Marketing for AlertSense
- AlertSense works with the Federal Government on FEMA’s IPAWS system, which in a cruel twist of fate, issues Amber Alerts during child kidnapping events
- Currently, Silsby is employed as Vice President of Marketing for AlertSense
The ZeroHedge author goes on to mention that his work regarding the Clinton/Silsby connection was posted on Reddit on November 3, 2016. On November 4, 2016, this author’s favorite #PizzaGate discredit site, the fake news outlet Daily Beast, engaged in a possible cover up of the Clinton – Sansby connection and the author’s work. As fate would have it, the Daily Beast is a holding of InterActiveCorp. Current Vice President of the Clinton Foundation, Chelsea Clinton, is an active board member of InterActiveCorp.
Reality is stranger than fiction?
No Go on GoFundMe
Today’s leading #PizzaGate headline (1-30-2017) comes from fake news/legit news site the New York Observer. Apparent Alt-Right writer/#PizzaGate expert Brittany Pettibone began a GoFundMe campaign to help finance her upcoming podcast, “Virtue of the West.” Her podcast would focus on things such as:
- “Values that once made Western Civilization great, like:
- Glorification of the nuclear family
- Motherhood, femininity, and masculinity
- Traditional gender roles and love of one’s own culture, race, and country”
The goal of Pettibone’s campaign is/was to raise $400 to assist in the production of said upcoming podcast. However, given her apparent interview on “The Alt-Right Life,” wherein she discussed some points of interest regarding #PizzaGate, legit/fake news blog reporter Judd Legum has called her out:
I’m pretty sure this fundraiser for a podcast hosted by a white nationalist and conspiracy theorist violates your TOS pic.twitter.com/Ufv7JTqgmW
— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) January 30, 2017
Given GoFundMe’s terms of service prohibiting “the promotion of hate, violence, harassment, discrimination, terrorism, or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity,” Pettibone’s focus on traditionalism violates the crowd sourcer charter. At this time, GoFundMe has pulled her campaign.
— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) January 30, 2017
In interest of full disclosure, Legum, Editor in Chief of ThinkProgress, left the blog in 2007 to work as a research director for Hillary Clinton’s first presidential big. Also, another fun fact: former ThinkProgress‘ president happened to be none other than the one and only John Podesta. In case you think I made this up (which I honestly wouldn’t blame you if you did), I’ve included his bio/background for reference:
Ben Swann Suspended?
According the AJS, it appears that Swann’s one week absence from the Atlanta based CBS satellite station was due to a suspension. Reappearing on January 30, 2016 on the news program, Swann has now blocked/deleted his “Truth in Media” website, as well as his primary Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts.
California Arrests Pile Up
In one bit of good news, on February 1, 2017, the LA County Sheriff’s Department announces the arrest of 474 possible pedophiles in the larger California county. Also great news: 28 commercially and sexually exploited children (and 27 adult victims) were rescued as part of the operation.
Surprisingly, a search on the New York Times regarding the arrests yields no results.
Alex Jones and Joe Rogan Give jimmycomet A Pass on The Experience
On 2/1/2017, Alex Jones is featured on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast. This one hits on some #PizzaGate details, and Alex Jones presents the conspiracy as such:
- The origin of #PizzaGate is the Weiner lap top confiscation
- The connection between Podesta and Hastert is confirmation of a child sex ring
- The “code words” in the Podesta emails are proof of an elite pedo ring
- The “code words” are broken down in the FBI pedo document
- Comet Ping Pong is a distraction
- The Ping Pong connection is not real…Comet is an innocent pizza restaurant that is not involved with John Podesta
- Ben Swann’s report wrongly reported on the Ping Pong’s basement
- Not true, however
Interestingly, the jimmycomet Instagram collection is not mentioned. Yet the episode at least states that, yeah, there is a possible code being used in the emails, and yeah, child sex trafficking rings exist as witnessed by the current CA break up:
What do we have going on here? Are we beginning to see a larger plan in place? Why is the jimmycomet angle ignored? Why is Weiner and Podesta the key figures of the discussion? We’ve seen Google distance itself from the Podesta clan here:
We have also seen the Weiner case brought back to the public limelight:
An interesting focus of discussion for a podcast that has millions of listeners. Time will tell (if) how this all plays out.
The Department of Homeland Security and Child Trafficking (an advert)
A month old US Dept of Homeland Security commercial, called “Take a Second Look,” has been noticed by a number of #PizzaGate investigators. Highlighting focus on human slavery and trafficking, the commercial opens up with a man noticing a young girl in front of a pizza shot. The ad goes to state multiple times that citizens should “take a second look.”
Whether this advert was intended to include the pizza restaurant is anyone’s guess; per the NY Daily News article below, the DOHS has yet to comment. More to follow?
The Clintons Give Up On Haiti
Announced on Saturday, February 4, 2017, the Clinton Foundation is cutting programs in Haiti. Officially, the reason for the split with the country was due to reduced funding and charity cash flows to the Foundation due to the “false political narrative” run by POTUS Donald Trump. Yet not to be deterred, former POTUS Bill Clinton promises that the Foundation will continue on for the betterment of humanity and the world, and asked for increased charity in the future.
A Haitian Crackdown
Another positive news item today in the media. On February 7, 2017, a Reuters article states that Haitian police have arrested nine people in connection with sex trafficking. Led at a resort hotel, Kaliko Beach club, the operation rescued at least 31 women and girls; the article mentions the rescues included 13 year old girls.
Per a U.S. State Department 2016 Report, Haiti is a “source, transit, and destiny country for men, women, and children sold into forced labor, domestic servitude and prostitution.” Also noted in the article, Haiti was downgraded to a tier 3 country by the US State Department, as the country was not making significant efforts to meet the minimum standards required to a) combat human trafficking and b) persecute those who profit and engage in human trafficking.
Surprisingly, no word of this arrest is found on the NYT.
Titus Frost Drops a Bombshell
In an interesting turn of developments, Titus Frost, a YouTube/independent analyst who has researched the #PizzaGate story since its inception, dropped a new bit of news Saturday, February 11, 2017. He states the following:
- Both Comet Ping Pong and Buck’s Sporting Goods contained protected web pages on their websites
- Frost found these sites early on in the investigation, and passed the sites off to hackers he allegedly knew
- Per the above screen, the hacker was able to “hack” the download keys pertaining to the above screen, and access the files in early December 2016
- The hacker, and subsequent communication with Washington DC police, stated that the encrypted files were indeed files containing child pornography
- The “find” occurred in early December; Washington DC police told the parties involved with the “find” to keep the information quiet to allow for a proper police investigation
- After the hacker submitted the find on Comet Ping Pong’s website to the Washington DC Police department in early December, one Edgar Madison Welch showed up on December 4, 2016 to “free the kids”
- The Ping Pong gunman managed to shoot one bullet from his assault rifle through a wall and into a Comet Ping Pong computer hard drive located in Comet’s office
- It’s alleged that the information contained on the hard drive was possibly seized by Washington DC police
As seen above, the data was provided to the DC police department. However, due to the data being obtained illegally, the hacked data was not allowed to be part of the investigation. However, it is the understanding of both Frost and the anonymous hacker that the Washington DC metro would continue the investigation.
Presently, no arrests have been made in connection to the alleged child pornography files previously available on Comet Ping Pong’s website. As such, Frost has now issued a challenge to the Washington DC police department to at least provide an update on a pending case.
Given the number of child trafficking arrests in recent weeks, and a possible Trump issued executive order enforcing federal law to prevent the trafficking and smuggling of human beings on 02-09-2017, Frost’s work, challenge, and pending requests for information will most certainly be interesting to watch in the coming weeks. I wasn’t able to locate a Marcus Stevens or an email address as listed above in the Washington DC metro, personally, but that doesn’t mean this person doesn’t exist in a law enforcement capacity
Alex Jones Concedes He Doesn’t Believe in Pizzagate
On March 24, 2017, Alex Jones apologized on his show InfoWars for helping to spread and promote the hoax known as Pizzagate. In his apology, Jones read from a document, and stated that “to his knowledge, neither (jimmycomet), nor his restaurant Comet Ping Pong, were involved in any human trafficking, as was part of the theories about Pizzagate that were being written about in many media outlets and which we commented upon. We apologize to the extent our commentaries could be construed as negative statements about Mr. Alefantis or Comet Ping Pong, and we hope that anyone else involved in commenting on Pizzagate will do the same thing.”
The NPR article mentions the usual : the Ping Pong gunman, impact of fake news, and how the community has rallied around jimmycomet the past few months in his support. Sadly, no mention of Alefantis or his Instagram account is given. In typical NPR hard hitting fashion, the article ends with the Alefantis quote: “We’re trying to go back to our world of making food and serving our customers and being a happy place.”
Jimmy Comet Op Eds for Amazon’s WaPO
“Responsibility, community, love, family, truth and Ping-Pong. The best ingredients still make the best pizza.”
In a seemingly interesting week where Alex Jones gets quite a “licking” from mass media pundits in respect to his child custoday case, James Alefantis makes a news splash and gets some mass media attention. In 4-20-17 Washington Post article, we see the former darling of conspiracy circles hit once more on bullet points of contention. Pizzagate is the summation of:
- October Wikileak emails of John Podesta
- Anti-Clinton trolls congregating on Reddit and 4chan and deciding that words pizza and cheese are code for pedophilia
- Alex Jones led the fake news story
- The Ping Pong gunman showed up and shot a computer closet
- Alex Jones tried to remove himself (I think he was too late) from guilt by association, but conspiracy theorists still push the #pizzagate agenda
Sadly, no explanation is given on how a) dominos are played on food stuff or b) why comet’s instagram photos were so bizarre and featured children. But at this point in time, I’m certain most people don’t recall these images or care.
The Daily Beast Covers Tim Nolan
On April 24, 2017, a former Kentucky judge and local campaign chairman for Trump was arrested on sex trafficking charges. The 70 year old was arrested for allegedly trafficking minor(s) during July and August of 2016 while serving as Campbell County chairman for the Trump campaign.
NYT’s Retro Report Goes from JFK to Pizzagate
“We are going to have a hard time rooting conspiracy thinking out of the American mainstream…” Yikes!
Beginning with the infamous JFK assassination conspiracy theory, this review attempts to bridge the gap between historical conspiracies and the prevalent conspiracy belief mindset of the US population. Essentially, the experts involved state that the Zapruder film demonstration of possibly JFK’s head getting hit from the front by a bullet versus the Warren Commission’s finding that JFK was struck from behind by a lone gunmen led to a “mistrust” of the official narrative. Of course, Dan Rather is there to assure us that the Warren Commission was correct…the public tends to confuse “fact” with “fiction.”
Hopping from JFK, to images of the Vietnam Conflict, to mention of Watergate, we then move to Alex Jones and Pizzagate. It then leads into the current promotional campaign of jimmycomet aka James Alefantis, and goes into the standard “Comet Ping Pong got tied into Clinton haters, child sex traffickers, and then of course the Ping Pong gunman incident.” As Alexandra Zapruder goes on to state, “there is no evidence…and yet, it won’t go away.” Zapruder seems surprised…perhaps she know what things like “playing dominos on cheese” and a “handkerchief with a map that seems pizza related?” Spoiler alert : if she does, she doesn’t tell us in the clip below. And she doesn’t explain away or show any of the comet’s Instagram photos.
At the end of the clip, we are told that what really is at play is that we don’t trust our leaders and authorities, and in place of this information bottleneck, we have chosen to listen to “counter authorities.” And as Dan Rather reminds us, we’ve now moved into a “post truth and post fact era,” which I guess means that people like Rather no longer have the ability to control the narrative to the masses as he did 40-50 years ago through broadcast evening news (ie where was Dan Rather in respect to the beginning of the conflict in Vietnam? Partying in Laurel Canyon with the Morrisons? ((I kid of course(but not really)))
The news pieces also highlights 9-11, Sandy Hook, and of course, UFOs, but sadly forgets about conspiracies which turned out to be true like the Franklin Conspiracy, the Silsby/Clinton/ Haiti saga, and even the Saville enigma. Of course, this is the NYT, so at this point, that shouldn’t be surprising.
The Great Debate
What to believe? The argument exists that fake news sites are corrupting the masses with the promotion of false news. Whether it is #pizzagate, anti-Clinton propaganda, or even the election of Donald Trump, a case can be made that fake news is an issue. Yet at the same time, when you see millions of dollars of NBC news assets and salaries covering the Macy Day Thanksgiving parade in NYC while no attention is given to the protest in North Dakota that same day, one does wonder what constitutes legitimacy in the world of data.
I personally don’t know what to make of the situation. I respect and admire the work of other researchers who have stated very publicly that this news story is indeed legitimate and in the midst of being covered up by the very top echelon of the Deep State. At the same time, I also respect and admire the work of researchers who have also stated, quite publicly, that #pizzagate is a hoax, a psy-op, or even a fear porn meme. In my personal opinion, you really have two potential outcomes tied to the construct of WikiLeaks. Either one :
- Believes WikiLeaks is legitimate and releasing information to the public that is not “intentionally meant for public consumption”
- Believes WikiLeaks is another outlet of the Deep State and as such is releasing “emails” and other bits of information for some larger program of social design
From some cursory research on WikiLeaks, I do admit that words such as pizza, pasta, even hot dogs seem out of place. Whether this infers pedophiles, abuse, drugs, or a “love of Italian food,” I cannot say.
I doubt anything will come of any of this alleged “gate.” I truly don’t want to believe that any of this information regarding child abuse is true; of course, I don’t live in the clouds like many others I know do. I realize things like the Franklin child prostitution ring and and Clinton/Trump escapades to Orgy Island exist, but I don’t want to believe that such thing can be permitted to exist at such a high level of government. Such a notion of state sponsored support of child trafficking, if true, is absolutely horrendous. If there is any truth to this “conspiracy theory,” I hope truth is revealed and justice is served quickly and swiftly.
Returning to the scope of this article…what I find interesting is the narrative being played out by both alleged fake news sources and legitimate news sources. Real names and businesses are being presented in full public view, which I find curious for a construct. It was mentioned multiple times that Alefantis’s Instagram account was made private once the pizzagate meme hit the Web, yet it was again publicly available on 11-23-16, with all photos still available for comment. Perhaps the better the details, the better the sale?
Going forward, the goal of this article is document the construct known as #pizzagate in both arenas. I’m also curious what type of feedback I get. This is a very small website with very little fanfare or attention. What kind of attention will an article like this receive? And more importantly (to me, at the very least), will this finally answered?
Q: John Podesta/Susan Sandler, what the hell is a handkerchief with a pizza related map?
I plan to continue to add to this article as more information online becomes available, so please stay tuned if anyone finds this of interest…
Updated 12-06-16 : Wow, data overload! I will attempt to put another cheat sheet together on this as time permits. It’s a story that keeps on giving, daily.
Source A1: http://www.metroweekly.com/2015/04/from-scratch-james-alefantis/
Source a : http://variety.com/2016/film/news/elijah-wood-pedophilia-hollywood-problem-1201781021/
Source b: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/25/movies/elijah-wood-hollywood-child-star-pedophilia.html
Source c: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/11/7-biggest-revelations-from-wikileaks-release-podesta-emails.html
CNN Derailed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBmJkaj043Y